Check Out Our Company Founder’s New Interview on Thrive Global!
Jonathan Barnett Talks About Important Lessons for Entrepreneurs
Since 2006, Jonathan Barnett has been running Oxi Fresh Carpet Cleaning. During that time, the eco-friendly carpet cleaning franchise has grown rapidly, received numerous awards, and been recognized as a company on the move. Recently, Mr. Barnett discussed the history of Oxi Fresh and the lessons he’s learned on the Thrive Global website.
The interview series he is featured in—“5 Things I Wish Someone Told Me Before I Began Leading My Company”—covers a range of interesting topics. In the interview, Mr. Barnett discusses his thoughts on entrepreneurship, his history as a businessman, and—naturally—the five lessons he wishes he knew when he first founded his carpet cleaning franchise company.
“I’ve been leading my company for many years now,” said Mr. Barnett, “and I was happy to take this opportunity to speak about my views on leadership and entrepreneurship. Hopefully, this interview with Thrive Global will help other business people as they build their companies and lead teams.”
Mr. Barnett’s Five Lessons
So, what are the five lessons Mr. Barnett wishes he knew when he started his carpet cleaning franchise? We’d recommend checking out the original article for his full answers, but here are some handy summaries:
- You’ve Got the Green Light: An entrepreneur can’t wait for life to be perfect. They can’t sit there, looking for the ideal opportunity before moving. They have to act like they’ve got the green light in life, pushing ahead and taking risks in order to get things done.
- Let Go to Grow: When you run a business, you have to entrust your staff and give them important responsibilities. If you try to do everything yourself, you’ll only end up crippling the growth of your brand.
- Speed Through Systems: The more efficient you can make your team and company, the more you can accomplish. The best way to do this is through operational and technological systems that eliminate busywork and free your staff up.
- Ownership Through Scoring: Creating scoring systems for yourself and your staff leads to greater accountability. No one wants to be in last place, after all!
- Profits with a Purpose: Choose a non-profit to partner with and make them a core part of your brand identity. Doing so can help inspire your staff, attract more customers, and—most importantly—make a difference in the world. For example, Mr. Barnett’s carpet cleaning franchise company regularly donates to Water.org.
“I believe that internalizing these five lessons at the start of your career—or anytime, really—will help you be a better leader and run a better company,” said Mr. Barnett, “These ideas will empower you, your people, and your business.”
To learn more about our partnership with Water.org, click here.
Want to know more about Mr. Barnett and his journey leading one of the fastest-growing carpet cleaning franchises in the world? Click here to read the full interview. Interested in opening an Oxi Fresh franchise? Click here. Need to schedule your next carpet cleaning? Click here!