How to Make Your Carpet Last Longer
Carpet is one of the most important features of your home. A clean carpet makes a room look fresh and tidy while a dirty carpet can make even the tidiest room feel dingy. Obviously, it’s important to keep your floors looking good, especially since carpet replacement is hardly cheap, but how can you do that?
1. Choose Wisely – The first step to having a good, lasting carpet is choosing a good, lasting carpets. Okay – that sounds very “hindsight is 20/20,” but it’s true. An example of this is choose dark colors for areas that are likely to see a lot of wear and spills – like a child’s playroom.
2. Avoid Traffic – You see traffic areas in many carpets, and a great way to keep them from forming is either putting area rugs over those areas. They’ll absorb a lot of the wear and protect the carpets below.
3. 00.35% of Your Day – Take five minutes – 00.35% of your day – everyday to vacuum your carpets, rotating between different rooms. This will keep your rugs looking fresh and will prevent debris from becoming embedded in the carpet fibers.
4. No Shoes – Shoes often have dirt or oils on their soles, so having people take them off should help prevent grime from being tracked over your carpets.
5. Regular, Professional Carpet Cleaning – Every six months or so, you should get a professional carpet cleaning to remove any embedded dirt and to get rid of any spots. It’s a good idea at this point to get a carpet protectant to help prevent spots from setting into carpets.
Oxi Fresh hopes these tips will help you out and you can read more about them in our article “Get Longer Use Out of Your Carpet With These Five Easy Tips.”