Tips for Fall: The Holidays!
Here They Come
Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas – the big three holidays are looming over us, ready to smother the unprepared with their weight of cheer and goodwill. In order to help you get ready, Oxi Fresh Carpet Cleaning has put together this little cheat sheet to help with Holiday Plans, Preparations, and Guests.
Sun Tzu said that “the general who wins the battle makes many calculations in his temple before the battle is fought.” And while he wasn’t talking about Thanksgiving, there’s no denying that plans help your holidays run more smoothly. Here are a few things you should try to think about before you begin any preparations:
- Goals – Make a list of goals that you want to accomplish. Don’t write down things like, “Have Fun,” but the actual things you want to do. For example you want to have Thank You cards sent out by the 1st of January, you want 7 guests for Thanksgiving, you want to hold a large Halloween party this year.
- Calendar – Now that you have goals, check your calendar to first make sure there are no conflicting plans or events. If there are no problems, you’ll next need to set up a preperation schedule for so you can be ready in time.
- Budget – With the economy still being in a slump, planning your budget for the holidays is doubly important. Figure out how much you can spend and adjust your activities accordingly. This can make preparation a challenge, but it will be more than worth it.
Now that you have your plans, it’s time to start preparations. There are a lot of things you can do, but we’re going to look at three of the biggest ones: the House, the Food, and the Gifts.
- The House – If you’re planning on having guests, start getting your home ready early. Break out the decorations beforehand, give everything a thorough cleaning, and – if necessary – rearrange the furniture to better fit more people. If you’re having guests stay for several days, decide which rooms they’ll stay in, get extra linens, towels, and toiletries. If you’ll have young children visiting, cover up power outlets and move anything dangerous out of reach before they arrive.
- The Food – Visitors and parties means you’ll need lots of food. Spend time planning out your menus for both the holiday meals and normal ones (if you have guests staying for several days.) Keep food allergies in mind while planning.
- Gifts – Shopping on Christmas Eve is never a good thing – its hectic, stressful, costly, and takes you away from friends and family. Do your best to finish all your shopping before early December so that you can focus on what’s important during the actual holiday
So the guests have confirmed they are coming and it’s time to keep them entertained.
- Party Guests – Snacks will only carry a party so far, so it’s always good to have something to do. This could be as simple as having a scary movie set up for a Halloween party or having board games ready. If you feel like your guest would be up to it, you could have some more involving activities, like pumpkin carving or gingerbread home building contests.
- Holiday Guests – If you’re having family or fiends visit for a few days, it’s a good idea to have some “out of the house” activities ready so no one goes stir-crazy. Try a trip to the movie theater, mall, or a local museum.
Well, that wraps up our Fall Tips series – we hope you found it useful and Oxi Fresh Carpet Cleaning wishes you happy holidays and good luck with your preparations – and if you end up needing a green carpet cleaner, we’re always here for you.
Thanks to SheKnows.com for the great ideas!
What Oxi Fresh Carpet Cleaning Customers Are Saying
Average 4.6 stars (Out of 5)
The Oxi Fresh Carpet Cleaning Blog
Save Money with
Our Online Coupons