Keep Your Upholstery Clean This Winter
Everyone immediately thinks of summer as one of the dustiest seasons, and one of the hardest seasons on your furniture, but winter’s tough too. Between muddy boots, sludge getting tracked in, and lots more nights spent in, your upholstered furniture can take quite a beating.
Oxi Fresh specializes in all-natural, gentle upholstery cleaning, but what should you do between professional cleanings?
1. Vacuum your upholstered furniture on a regular basis using a soft vacuum brush attachment that’s safe for use on fabrics. Vacuuming regularly will get rid of loose soil and crumbs, reduce overall grime and soiling of your upholstered furniture, and remove pet hair (especially beneficial if you have someone in your household with allergies).
2. Always act fast – the faster you can clean up a stain the better chance you have at removing it. Baby wipes or sanitary wipes are often the best tool for cleaning stains because they offer just the right amount of water and soap and evaporate quickly.
3. Make a special shoe area next to the door where family and visitors can leave their wet and muddy shoes – this will not only reduce the muck on your furniture but on your carpet too!
4. If you have an indoor/outdoor pet keep a towel by the door and give their paws a quick rubdown before letting them back into the house.
5. Always test spot a hidden section of your upholstery before cleaning it yourself. If the fabric of your furniture is made from a synthetic fabric such as polyester, nylon, or acrylic, it should be safe to clean. However, if the fabric of your furniture is made of more than 50% cotton, professional upholstery cleaning from one of our franchisees like Oxi Fresh Carpet Cleaning Phoenix may be your best bet – especially if you are dealing with an especially large stain or all-over filth.
The ultimate key to upholstery cleaning is choosing the appropriate type of cleaning method. For example, cleaning a store-bought polyester-covered chair from 2010 is much different than cleaning a hand-embroidered antique sofa from the 1950s. Always check the fabric, and if you have any doubts about cleaning a particular piece of furniture, don’t hesitate to call us.
What Oxi Fresh Carpet Cleaning Customers Are Saying
Average 4.6 stars (Out of 5)
The Oxi Fresh Carpet Cleaning Blog
Oxi Fresh Carpet Cleaning is helping build water wells for communities in need
By ordering online, you can do your part to help bring clean water to the 780 million people around the world in need
Oxi Fresh Carpet Cleaning
in the News
Save Money with
Our Online Coupons