Grease-Be-Gone! How to Get Grease out of Clothes
It’s the summer, and that means sunny days , getting outdoors with family, and BBQs! Unfortunately, these get-togethers can lead to loads of stains and spots on your family’s clothes.
Thankfully, Oxi Fresh already has already talked about tackling ketchup, BBQ sauce, mustard, and grass stains, but today let’s look at Grease Stains. Whether it’s from the grill or from a particularly greasy bag of chips, this How-To Guide will show you how to save your shirt!
What You’ll Need
– Dishwashing Soap
– Old (Clean) Toothbrush
– White Vinegar
Let’s Get Cleaning!
1. Start by blotting at the spot with a clean towel to remove as much of the grease as possible.
2. Next, using your hands or a soft, clean toothbrush, work the dishwashing soap into the spot. Try to use a colorless soap.*
3. Throughly rinse out the spot. Run water through the back of the spot to flush out as many of the impurities as you can before giving it a general rinse.
4. If there’s still a spot, rinse it out using a mixture of white vinegar and water (1:2). Follow this up with another water rinse.*
5. If the spot remains, repeat this process one more time before traditional laundering.
There you go! A highly effective and fairly easy way to knock out grimy grease. Thanks to wikiHow for the great tips. Be sure to check them out!
*Always test cleaning solutions on an inconspicuous part of the fabric to ensure it won’t cause color loss or damage. This is especially important with natural fabrics.
What Oxi Fresh Carpet Cleaning Customers Are Saying
Average 4.6 stars (Out of 5)
The Oxi Fresh Carpet Cleaning Blog
Oxi Fresh Carpet Cleaning
in the News
Save Money with
Our Online Coupons