Perfect BBQ Food: Avocado and Bacon Pasta Salad
Want to knock it out of the park at your next barbecue? Want to skip the same old salads and bring something unique?
Then this fantastic recipe for an Avocado and Bacon Pasta Salad is the way to go! You’re sure to get people coming back for more with this scrumptious dish from Chungah of damndelicious.net.
What You’ll Need
– Bacon (5 Slices)
– Avocado (2)
– Elbow Pasta (12 oz.)
– Fresh Thyme Leaves (3 Tsp)
– Lemons (1 or 2)
– Sugar (1 Tbsp)
– Mayonnaise (3/4 Cup)
– Olive Oil (1/3 Cup)
– Salt and Pepper
NOTE: This dish is best served as soon as it’s prepared. No one likes old, brown avocado after all!
1. Cut the avocados in half, remove the seed, remove the peel, and dice them.
2. Zest a lemon until you get 1 1/2 tbsp of zest.
3.Squeeze 1/4 cup of lemon juice.
Making the Dressing
1. In a food processor bowl, add the lemon juice, lemon zest, mayonnaise and 2 tsp of the fresh thyme. Mix these together.
2. Pop the bowl onto the food processor, set it on slow, and add the olive oil while its running. You want the dressing to fully emulsify. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Finishing the Salad
1. Cook the pasta and fully drain it.
2. Cook the bacon until its crispy (but not burnt). On medium-high heat, this takes about 6-8 minutes. Pop the bacon onto some paper towels and dice it.
3. Combine the bacon, pasta, avocados, and dressing. Add salt and pepper to taste.
4. Garnish with the last 1 tsp. of the fresh thyme.
There you go! We hope you enjoy this recipe. Thanks again to Chungah of damndelicious.net for the great recipe.