- Residential Carpet Cleaning
- Commercial Carpet Cleaning
- Us vs. Them
- Our Company
Grout Cleaning Tips
A well cared for tile floor can add so much to a room, but a poorly cared for tile floor can make an attractive room feel grimy and cheap. Keeping your floors clean is very important and, thankfully, tile is fairly simple to maintain. The challenge comes in with the grout, which is tough to keep clean and even more difficult to clean once stained. In order to help you out, Oxi Fresh Carpet Cleaning has a few grout cleaning tips for you - we also have stain removal tips and upholstery cleaning tips if you need them.
- Seal It: Sealing your grout is the most important grout cleaning tip we can offer, because it will save you so much time. You see, most grout is porous in nature and naturally soaks up liquids. If you haven’t sealed the grout, it will soak up whatever is spilled on it. If you have sealed it, the pores are “occupied” as it were, preventing the spill from seeping in. For more information about when and how to seal grout, click here.
- Maintenance: Of course, sealants don’t prevent dirt from building up on top of grout lines. Dull as this grout cleaning tip is, regular mopping will be your biggest ally here. Cleaning the floors regularly and wiping up spills as soon as they happen will help prevent buildup before it can form.
- Special Cleanings: Eventually - even with regular cleaning - you’ll get some buildup on the grout. When this happens, there are numerous cleaners you can buy to help you out, but there are also some homemade remedies. A popular cleaning paste is made of 3 parts baking soda to 1 part water. Spread this on the grout and let it sit for 15 to 20 minutes. Then, use a stiff brush and vigorously scrub the grout. You can repeat this if necessary and, when you’re done, rinse the area with warm water. For more grout cleaning tips, click here or click here. Be sure to test out any method on a small area first to ensure it doesn’t damage the grout or tile in any way.
Hopefully these grout cleaning tips will help you keeps your floor cleaner longer. If your tile floor ever gets too dirty for you, if there is ever a spill you can’t take care of or build up that won’t go away, you can always call Oxi Fresh. Many of our franchisees not only clean carpet, but tile and grout as well. To find out if you have one of our tile and grout cleaning experts in your area, use the Franchise Finder below.