The color of spring is Green: budding leaves, fresh grass and new growth. Well, Green is one of the colors of Spring, but another one is Brown – as in mud. As things warm up and the rain starts falling, the ground gets pretty soggy. It’s only a matter of time before someone tracks mud onto your carpets. So here’s what you can do when it happens: Continue Reading post – The Spotlight: Muddy Spots
Archive for the ‘Residential Carpet Cleaning’ Category
We know, we know, Warwick isn’t exactly the Big Apple – we’re more like the city that grows the big apples and regularly sleeps! But being far away from the city doesn’t mean you have to sacrifice quality carpet cleaning. With Oxi Fresh Hudson Valley carpet cleaners in Warwick, you get all the benefits of a competitive NY carpet cleaning company without all the downsides of the big city (we’re looking at you, dirty pigeons).
Here are some of the outstanding benefits you get when you choose Oxi Fresh carpet cleaners in the Hudson Valley:
- No harsh chemicals: The biodegradable, organic solutions we use for our carpet cleaning are non-toxic and safe in all residential environments, including those with children and pets.
- Fast drying: Our low moisture carpet cleaning system provides you with fast drying carpet cleaning that dries in about one hour, with no sticky and/or crunchy residue.
- We’re eco-friendly: We seek to conserve water through our low-moisture cleaning system. Steam cleaners can use 40 gallons of water or more to clean just one home, whereas Oxi Fresh’s eco-friendly carpet cleaning can clean the same home using only 2 gallons of water. We also use recyclable bottles and packaging for our products and solutions, and conserve energy whenever possible.
- Cleaner carpets: When comes down to it, you want the cleanest carpets possible, and Oxi Fresh certainly delivers. Our carpet cleaning methods are designed to break up dirt and debris (even those old dirt spots that have survived several cleaning) and remove contaminants all the way down to the bottom of your carpet pile.
You don’t need to live in NYC to get the absolute best carpet cleaning. Hudson Valley, New York carpet cleaning from Oxi Fresh is just like you would find in the “big city,” or maybe even better! We can’t wait to clean your carpets and give them a fresh and healthy new feel. Call us today at 877-OXIFRESH and find out about the great carpet cleaning specials we’re offering now!
Everyone immediately thinks of summer as one of the dustiest seasons, and one of the hardest seasons on your furniture, but winter’s tough too. Between muddy boots, sludge getting tracked in, and lots more nights spent in, your upholstered furniture can take quite a beating.
Oxi Fresh specializes in all-natural, gentle upholstery cleaning, but what should you do between professional cleanings?
1. Vacuum your upholstered furniture on a regular basis using a soft vacuum brush attachment that’s safe for use on fabrics. Vacuuming regularly will get rid of loose soil and crumbs, reduce overall grime and soiling of your upholstered furniture, and remove pet hair (especially beneficial if you have someone in your household with allergies).
2. Always act fast – the faster you can clean up a stain the better chance you have at removing it. Baby wipes or sanitary wipes are often the best tool for cleaning stains because they offer just the right amount of water and soap and evaporate quickly.
3. Make a special shoe area next to the door where family and visitors can leave their wet and muddy shoes – this will not only reduce the muck on your furniture but on your carpet too!
4. If you have an indoor/outdoor pet keep a towel by the door and give their paws a quick rubdown before letting them back into the house.
5. Always test spot a hidden section of your upholstery before cleaning it yourself. If the fabric of your furniture is made from a synthetic fabric such as polyester, nylon, or acrylic, it should be safe to clean. However, if the fabric of your furniture is made of more than 50% cotton, professional upholstery cleaning from one of our franchisees like Oxi Fresh Carpet Cleaning Phoenix may be your best bet – especially if you are dealing with an especially large stain or all-over filth.
The ultimate key to upholstery cleaning is choosing the appropriate type of cleaning method. For example, cleaning a store-bought polyester-covered chair from 2010 is much different than cleaning a hand-embroidered antique sofa from the 1950s. Always check the fabric, and if you have any doubts about cleaning a particular piece of furniture, don’t hesitate to call us.
One of the most neglected surfaces in your home is the carpets and/or floors. They are constantly being trampled on holding in stains, dirt and other substances that may be potentially harmful to you and your family. If you live in Houston you’re probably wondering what the best solution to this daily dilemma is. Although carpet cleaning in Houston is readily available there are precautions and treatments to solve your problems immediately.
The first step in keeping your carpets clean and safe is to know your carpet’s worst enemies.
Dirt - sand and dirt fibers brought in my shoes, bare feet and debris gathered, collected and disbursed by everyday living
Pets - urine and feces from pet accidents
Children/Families – crayons, paint, juice and food
For most of us this is just a matter of life, so what can we do to prevent, solve and maintain clean carpets in our homes?
- Place rugs or mats in front of entryways and exits. This will prompt your guests and family to wipe their shoes and feet before entering your home.
- Treat stains immediately. Using store bought carpet stain removers can provide a quick and easy fix to stains until you can hire a professional carpet cleaner.
- Vacuum your carpets regularly at least every 2 to 3 days.
- Make appointments to have your carpets professionally cleaned everything 2 to 3 months.
Oxi Fresh provides green alternatives for carpet cleaners around Houston. Using an environmentally friendly cleaning system that has a drying time of approximately an hour and uses less water than other commercial cleaners they are a popular choice among Houston carpet cleaning companies.
Keeping clean carpets keeps you and your family healthy. Oxi Fresh’s carpet cleaning technology removes the danger of mold and mildew growing beneath the surface of your carpet. It effectively removes grime and oils at the very bottom of the carpet, while saving water and energy. Oxi Fresh of Houston is the top eco-friendly carpet cleaners in Houston Texas.
You’ve got a big party at your house next week and those stains in your carpet have to be taken care of immediately. So you grab the phone book and browse through the list of Phoenix carpet cleaners – but how do you know which one will get the job done right? Before calling the very first number, make sure you know exactly what services you need and exactly what sort of services they provide. Here are the essential questions you need to ask your professional carpet cleaner:
1. What type of carpet cleaning method do you use?
Their answer may sound like gibberish to you but understanding what is right for your carpet and your family will help you decide whether their services are worth investing in. Find carpet cleaners in Phoenix that utilize eco-friendly technology. Carpet cleaning technology that conserves water and energy not only benefits the environment, but also benefits the longevity of your carpet. Less water used in cleaning your carpet ensures a faster drying time, which helps prevent mold and mildew growth beneath your carpet.
2. How much does the service cost?
Some companies charge by the room while others charge by the square foot. Access the amount of carpet that needs to be cleaned and calculate which option is within your budget. Make sure you ask for a detailed breakdown of the services you get for what you are paying – some companies charge extra for anything more than a basic cleaning service.
3. Are you cleaners certified?
Your professional carpet cleaner should be certified by the IICRC. This certification ensures that your carpet cleaner is trained to get the job done right. Don’t get stuck with a fraudulent company that employs untrained workers to clean your carpet!
4. How long has your company been in business?
The best carpet cleaners are the ones that are established in a community. Phoenix carpet cleaning services that have been around for a while means that customers are satisfied with the company’s work. These well-established carpet cleaners are the ones that you want to look for because they have years of experience under their belts and are trusted by the community.
Here at Oxi Fresh Carpet Cleaners in Phoenix we are looking to provide you with the best resources when it comes to caring for your carpet. Finding the right Phoenix carpet cleaners just takes some research and asking your professional carpet cleaner the right questions. Keep an eye out for more helpful tips and tricks from Oxi Fresh Carpet Cleaning in Phoenix!
Categories: Residential Carpet Cleaning
On July 5th, 2011, those of us here at Oxi Fresh of Phoenix Carpet Cleaning, (as well as everyone else in the Valley of the Sun) experienced a dust cloud of biblical proportions – or at least something you might have seen in a Hollywood movie such as The Mummy Returns. This giant, rolling, dust cloud is called a Haboob in Arabic, and it typically happens in Arizona when a southwestern thunderstorm causes a rush of air coming down ahead of the thunderstorm itself, causing topsoil to be disrupted, and then blown out across the landscape. Our experience at Oxi Fresh is that these are rather common, probably at least once a season, but in terms of scale, this is one of the biggest us carpet cleaners in Phoenix have ever witnessed!
Southwest Monsoon Season Science…
It’s rather interesting science if you like such things, but if you’re not so much into the science of why giant dust clouds form and roll right into our Phoenix metro before a Phoenix monsoon season thunderstorm, you may be just a little more interested in the after-effects of this giant 2011 dust storm. Perhaps more importantly, you want to know how to clean up, starting with that call to Oxi Fresh!
Dust. It’s Everywhere!
So if you’ve looked around, your cars are covered in dust, your fruit trees are covered in a light dusting of sand and dust. But the effects of that sandstorm weren’t just limited to the outdoors. How many of us can say our houses and offices are completely sealed-off from the outdoors?
Homes, Offices, even Oxi Fresh Phoenix HQ Aren’t Dustproof!
Most homes and offices have small openings here and there; vents, doorways, window sills, intakes, and dozens of nooks and crannies that can let in dust. There’s dust everywhere, and there are many contaminants in that dust, including mold spores, bacteria, viruses, plant matter, rail dust, and industrial chemicals and pollutants. And now it’s covering everything!
Do I Need To Get My Carpets Cleaned After The Dust Storm?
Here’s a great way to test if you’ve got a post dust storm carpet dust problem from your friendly neighborhood Phoenix carpet cleaning company. Splash some water on your hand, then run your hand through your carpet and feel and see what the effects are. If you’ve got a slightly dusty, sticky feeling left in your palm; that means it’s time to call your local experts at Oxi Fresh Phoenix carpet cleaners!
Contact Oxi Fresh Phoenix Carpet Cleaners!
Call 1.877.OXIFRESH today! We’ve got extra help and we’re working extra hours to help everyone in the Phoenix area to recover from the unhealthy and unsightly effects of this recent dust storm.