Healthy, Chocolate-y Granola Bars!
Looking for something tasty that you can give to your kids on the go but don’t want to buy those basic store-made goodies? Then check out this recipe for homemade granola bars!
What You’ll Need
– 3/4 Cup of Applesauce with 3 Extra Tablespoons (Unsweetened)
– 1/4 Cup of Honey
– 2 Tablespoons of Corn Syrup
– 1/2 Cup of Brown Sugar
– 2/3 Cup of a Chocolate-Hazelnut Spread (Nutella® for Example)
– 1 Cup of Raisins (Optional if that’s not what your family likes)
– 2/3 Cup of Flour (All-Purpose)
– 3 1/3 Cups of Oats (Old-Fashioned)
– 1 Teaspoon of Salt
– 1 Teaspoon of Cinnamon (Ground)
– 2 Teaspoons of Vanilla Extract
Let’s Get Cooking!
– Step 1 –
In a big bowl, mix up everything except the oats and flour.
– Step 2 –
In a separate bowl or bag, thoroughly mix the flour and oats.
– Step 3 –
Stir the oats and flour combination into the first mixture – make sure you thoroughly mixed it in.
– Step 4 –
Grease a baking dish (8 in. by 11 in.) and evenly spread the granola mixture into it.
– Step 5 –
Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes or until the granola is lightly browned.
– Step 6 –
Let the granola cool on a wire rack for about one hour before cutting them into bars. You want it to be completely cool before you start cutting.