- Residential Carpet Cleaning
- Commercial Carpet Cleaning
- Us vs. Them
- Our Company
Upholstery Cleaning Tips
Clean upholstery is very important to a healthy looking home. Like the cover of a book, your furniture is one of the first things seen in a home and, if it looks filthy, so will the rest of your house. What’s more, upholstery is one of the thing guests will be in close contact with, sitting and resting on it. If that furniture is dirty or grimy, it will be hard for them to feel comfortable. In order to prevent those problems, it’s best to keep your upholstery looking and feeling clean - and to help out with that, here are some Oxi Fresh upholstery cleaning tips.
Like most tips - whether they be Stain removal tips, Rug Cleaning tips, or Grout cleaning tips - upholstery cleaning tips are rather simple. Of course, simple doesn’t mean ineffective. Following these basic upholstery cleaning tips should help significantly extend the life of your upholstery.
- Keep Food Away: By not allowing food or drink to be consumed on or around the furniture, you can prevent most accidents before they ever happen. You’ll be cutting off the spills at their source.
- Keep Pets Off: As nice as it is to snuggle up with your pet while watching a movie, it means your furniture takes a beating. Pet fur and hair has tons of oils in it and letting them onto furniture means those oils will transfer onto the upholstery fabric, making it dirty. This isn’t a very fun upholstery cleaning tip, but it’s a useful one.
- Vacuuming: By regularly vacuuming your furniture at least once every two weeks you will prevent dirt and spots from having a chance to work their way into the upholstery.
- Low Moisture: Avoid getting your upholstery wet. If you ever need to spot clean a piece of the upholstery, be sure to use very little water.
By following these upholstery cleaning tips you will be able to keep your furniture to stay looking clean for longer. Of course, no amount of upholstery cleaning tips can prevent the freak, accidental spill or the steady march of time. If you ever find that that your upholstery is getting too dirty, Oxi Fresh Carpet Cleaning is here to help. We have locations across the nation with upholstery cleaning experts ready to get your sofa looking new again. Use the Franchise Finder below to get carpet cleaning coupon and the right number to call.