- Residential Carpet Cleaning
- Commercial Carpet Cleaning
- Us vs. Them
- Our Company
Stain Removal Tips
Trying to figure out the best thing to do with a nasty stain can be tricky. There are a lot of carpet stain removal tips out there, after all, some encouraging you to use baking soda, others swearing by tonic water, and some even recommend using peanut butter. One thing that is certain, though, if a stain is not dealt with properly, you can end up doing more damage than good. So to help prevent that and help you get the best results, Oxi Fresh Carpet Cleaning wanted to share these stain removal tips.
- Blot those Spots:As soon as someone spills, make sure to blot up as much of the mess as you can - don’t scrub the spot, blot. The goal of this stain removal tip is to get up the liquid quickly before it can soak deeper into the carpet pile.
- Don’t Soak the Stain:Your first instinct might be to pour water onto the spot but this can make the problem worse. While it can loosen the spot, it will also allow it to spread and sink deeper into the carpet. If you do rinse the spot, blot it up as soon as you can.
- Use OxiSpotter:Our OxiSpotter is perfect to use on carpet spots and best of all, we hand them out after some of our appointments. All you have to do is follow the instructions on the back and you’ll have a great spot remover.
- Be Careful:Not everyone has OxiSpotter, but there are a lot of great alternative stain removal tips online that have you use home remedies and solutions. These can work very well, but you should always be careful when trying them. It’s always best to test a spot removal method on a small, inconspicuous area of the carpet before you try it on the main area.
These stain removal tips - which are also Upholstery cleaning tips and rug cleaning tips - should help with most of the spots on your carpet. Inevitably, though, you’ll come across a spot that will require a professional touch. When that happens, Oxi Fresh can help you get your house looking better than ever with our effective cleaning system. Don’t wait to see why so many people have made Oxi Fresh their preferred carpet cleaner– call 1.877.OxiFresh today!